You know what I have REALLY taken for granted since my 3rd year of college?? Having a washer and dryer in my apartment/house. You know what I've missed since I bought a house? Having a washing machine in my house that WORKS.
Yes, in the grand scheme of life, with starvation, war, etc, I know that this is a petty thing to complain about. But OH MY WORD, it is so inconvenient to be without!
I will say this again: WHAT WERE THE PEOPLE THINKING WHO LIVED HERE BEFORE US?? I'm seriously trying not to judge. They had their house listed short sale, which means they lost a lot of money on the sale. They probably had something happen to their financial situation that was pretty devastating. But, COME ON. Their house was so filthy, the yard a disaster and now we have found out that most of their draining pipes were fairly clogged and needed replacing (which we have done) and there's NO WAY they had been able to do laundry in any way, possibly for a LONG time. Now, of course, even with doing all of the repairs and things necessary to the house, it's STILL a steal at the price we got it. But, it's been a hassle.
So, FOUR VISITS FROM THE PLUMBER LATER, it appears to be fixed. Of course, now I have a gigantic hole in my wall behind my washer and have a drywall guy coming out in a few days to take care of that, another expense. But, I've already done about 4 loads of wash today and it is GREAT.
Thank you to my mom for letting me use her washer for the last couple of weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment