Tuesday, September 13, 2011

20 Weeks

This pregnancy is just FLYING by! I can't believe I'm already halfway through!! With the new house and everything else going on, I haven't had time to do anything extra, including blogging. But, that doesn't mean that this pregnancy isn't totally exciting and special!!

We found out yesterday that we're having a BOY!! We're thrilled! Though, we would have been 100% as equally thrilled with a girl. Two comments I'm already sick of: 1) "Oh, now you're done!" Excuse me, but that will be determined by when we feel our family is 'done', not what gender combination we have! 2) Gosh, Nelson must be sooo excited! Excuse me again, Nelson was just as excited for a girl as he is for a boy. Sheesh.

No names picked out yet, but we're definitely thinking. We don't plan to keep his name a secret, as we did with Kalaya, because we want Kalaya to get used to his name as much as possible. She was very interested in the ultrasound yesterday and keeps telling people how she 'watched baby brudder on the TV'. The ultrasound went great, he's very active (as I knew!) and all the parts were there! I have an appointment on Thursday with our midwife to follow up on the measurements, etc.

I am feeling great these days! I have to be careful, because I want so badly to get the house unpacked, but between keeping track of Kalaya, cleaning and arranging, I get tired really quickly. I make myself take breaks often, but I'm still pretty tired by the end of each day. My appetite has completely returned to normal and things are tasting the way they're supposed to, which is REALLY nice. My belly definitely is popping out, to the point that people in public are confident enough to comment on it. I'll post a pic soon! I just have to find the box with my camera in it first....

2 comments:

Patti said...

Love Kalaya's comment about her brudder.....it's all so exciting - wish I was there to help you unpack - easy to say since I'm 1000 miles away :) Guess those boxes aren't going anywhere - you're in your house and everything will find a place in time -
Please, keep writing!

Laura- That Kind of Mom said...

I love everything about this post. I can't believe you're already 20 weeks, it is so exciting! And trust me, we heard exactly the same things. Hearing "Now you have the perfect family" is oddly insulting in a way, isn't it? I always wonder, "What would they think if we 'messed it up' and had another". Appropiate response to finding out the gender of a new baby "How wonderful! I am so excited for you and your family!" Anyway, moving on. Love you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...