So, yeah, I have been really, really lazy about blogging lately. Not on purpose. So, here are some updates on our household:
*At 26 months, or 2 years 2 months if you'd prefer, Kalaya is busy busy busy. She is such a pleasant toddler! She plays so well independently and is so curious about everything in the world around her! Her vocabulary is so beyond what I ever expected it, I'm still blown away every day. She is playing so much more with her imagination ("Mommy! Petend seeping, petend baby eat", etc, etc.) She talks about everything she sees and she observes a lot!! Everything from birds and bikes to pointing out the letters and shapes she knows as we drive around. ("Mommy, octagon, right there! Mommy, G!! H!!!") She still loves reading her books, playing with learning toys, playing with her kitchen and play food, taking care of her babies and pets, playing with her Little People, dressing up, driving her cars and trucks and many, many other imaginary games. We are finally getting nicer and nicer weather, so she has been spending time outside with her sand and water table, her wading pool, Little Tyke slide ($15 on Craig's list!), t-ball set, golf clubs, and just running around exploring.
*Though most of the time she is very laid back and low key, we are definitely in the twos! We do have occasional temper tantrums and 'no!'s as well as kicking, screaming fits, but mostly she listens fairly well. She has tough days (as does Mommy!), but they're fairly predictable, aka if she's not eaten recently, misses nap or gets up or naps too early. All in all, compared to other stories of the twos I've seen, she seems to be doing really well.
*You will notice there haven't been any recent posts about the damn (sorry) house hunt. We are still at a stand still with the same two houses we have offers on. Short sales are CRAP, but unfortunately, that's our market. I know it will be worth the wait and I feel like we really can't complain, because my parents are so generous to let us keep living here (for FREE) and we're putting money in savings each month, but.....it's time to be in our own place again.
*I am no longer head of the committee for my high school reunion. Well, that's not true. I technically am. But, we had to cancel it, because no one was willing to pay to go. I am very disappointed, but it is what it is. I will say that it has taken a large stress away, which is nice.
HAPPY SUMMER!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment