Friday, February 4, 2011

Wait, it's February?

I don't even know what happened. January wasn't even that crazy, yet some how I have not been motivated to write on here. Not in a depressed way. Just in a 'I'd rather be doing other thing' kind of way. Let's see what's happened in the last month:

~Our youth group took a fun trip to this place called Skyhigh Trampoline and I discovered I am no longer as young as I once was. Picture several rooms of just trampolines, including slanting up the walls, with dozens of kids running around and narrow platforms between the jumping part. Sheesh, just to read it sounds scary. And dangerous. I should have realized I may have been making a mistake when I had to sign a WAVER. Anyway, instead of hurting myself doing a triple flip or something cool, I managed to roll my ankle while walking across a trampoline and a little kid ran by, making the surface not where I expected it to be. I felt crazy, since hardly anything seemed to have happened, but it HURT to walk on. A trip to Urgent Care later than afternoon revealed a sprained ankle, which was black, blue, purple and swollen within a couple of days. I was given a brace/sleeve thing and crutches. 2 days on crutches and I gave up; they just don't work with a toddler. Neither do pain killers with sleeping drugs. So, limping and Advil have been enough. It still gets sore if I exercise on it too long, but it's fine now. I should have taken a picture of it, it was GROSS.

~Our youth group finished their big project we've been working on. Last Sunday was the first Youth Sunday at our church. They worked really hard to prepare the sermon, an original skit written by my talented and hilarious husband, depicting Jesus on "Episcopal Love Connection" evaluating people for their entrance to Heaven. The youth were also the readers, the greeters, the ushers and assisted and/or chose all of the prayers and music. It was a huge success and the church members loved it!

~Since it is now 2011, holy crap, the planning for my 10 year reunion has begun. HOW HAS IT BEEN TEN YEARS??? At the same time, high school seems light years away. A group of us has started planning. It's a bit daunting, since we have almost 500 in our class, but I think we're off to a good start. It was interesting though. The 20s are a weird age nowadays, people are still partying and living the single life, others have 2 or 3 kids. Not that there's anything wrong with either lifestyle, it's just interesting.

~Nelson is loving his new job and is really happy. He seems to have jumped right in and picked up everything just fine. I'm glad to see him enjoying work for a change!

~We are still living with my parents, which has its challenges, but overall has been fine.

~We have started talking with a mortgage banker about what we are qualified for, in terms of loans for buying a house. It's very exciting! We have started the process of applying and it looks like we will definitely qualify for an FHA loan, which means we will only need 3% down. With interest rates being low and so many people desperate to sell, it's a buyer's market right now, so we're hoping this is a realistic goal for us! We'd like to be in our own home by May or June. We have a realtor in mind and will be contacting her once we know what we're qualified to buy. SO EXCITED ABOUT ALL OF THIS!!

1 comment:

Patti said...

Having sprained my ankle several times when younger....I have felt your pain.....
So glad Nelson is enjoying his job - I was looking at PSU website a while ago...would his auntie-in-law qualify for lower tuition if I wanted to take classes there...
I'm so excited about your housing prospects - so exciting for you guys - such a "grown up" thing, isn't it :)
Yes, you do write so well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...