This year went much better. She didn't go to people at all last year (and I mean ANYONE, not even grandparents), but this year she says hi to everyone and gives high fives and fist bumps. We've been practicing saying Santa. So, we started out walking up quietly to Santa and saying hi. We, of course, went downtown to Macy's because that is the REAL Santa, and it's where we used to go when Colin and I were little. They have a really cute set up with moving elves and reindeer, which she LOVED.
We went up to Santa and he was really sweet with her and gentle and didn't rush her. We said, "Hi Santa!" and she said, 'anta?' Then offered him her hand. Then she gave him a high five and a fist bump. So, I got brave and said, "Do you want to hug Santa?" Much to my surprise, she went right to him and just held onto him for about a minute and a half!! It was so sweet, I totally cried.
They took a picture and then she figured out what was happening and started to get skeptical when we started trying to get her to smile....
And it ended in tears, but only for a minute. Then she kept asking about him the rest of the time we were there, 'anta? 'anta? and looking around for him. Maybe next year she will have a smiling picture. : )
1 comment:
She thought it was nap time on that big old soft pillow of a Santa! Boy, that Santa is about the best I've seen....
Post a Comment