Sunday, January 24, 2010

Worried

So, all of a sudden, nursing has become a stress for me. Kalaya is up to 5 teeth now, with more on the way and has started biting. And it HURTS. I am so frustrated, because she still likes to nurse and so do I. I am hoping to nurse her as long as she wants, preferably at least until she's two. I don't think she's ready to wean, because she's not refusing. She is still wanting to nurse, she just gets distracted and pulls off without opening her mouth and HOLY CRAP IT HURTS. I feel bad, because I get frustrated about it. I usually put her down for a minute, so that I can collect myself, because I don't want to take out the anger on her at all. I have just been getting my finger in her mouth as fast as possible to get her off. I am stumped, I have no idea what to do!!!

2 comments:

JuliAnn said...

I have not had to deal with this yet (thankfully) and I hope I don't have to anytime soon, but I have heard other moms (who I love and adore) say that one simple little flick to the cheek has stopped any and all biting, even if they aren't really doing it on purpose. It might be worth a shot! Good luck! =)

Bon Bon Mom said...

Thanks for the tip, but I hesitate to do that, I wouldn't want to accidentally hurt her. I've been talking with her about it and getting my finger in there as soon as possible. She also is separated from me for a few seconds to reinforce the point. It hasn't happened since Nelson and I both talked with her. Will let you know if I need to try that if it works!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...