Friday, July 17, 2009

10 Weeks Old

Love that mobile, can watch it all day!

Smiling in her swing, she looks sooo much like Nelson as a baby here!

Tummy time after her bath, very strong neck!!

Playing on her gym on the 4th

Ready for the beach on a hot day! (well, really just around the house...)




Miss Kalaya is a growing, changing girl! Every week those cheeks get bigger and bigger! We had to adjust to the next size on her cloth diapers this week and for the few times we use disposable, she's about to move up to size 2! Some of her 3 month clothes are getting too short and tight. She's about to make the switch to 3-6/6 month clothes!

Kalaya is so alert and interested in the world around her. She is most content (other than on Mommy or Daddy) when she is laying and looking around. She especially loves her changing table and laying in her crib looking at her mobile. She is seriously obsessed with it, we have to cut her off. She lays and watches it and smiles and grins at it. If it stops spinning and playing music, she complains until we wind it again and then she immediately starts wiggling and smiling, it's hilarious! We cut her off only because if we let her watch it for too long, she gets over-stimulated and gets cranky. She is now able to sit in her Bumbo too, her neck has gotten so strong! She does really well with tummy time, especially when she's on the changing table, after her bath. She can lift her head and chest up. She smiles all the time, which Nelson just loves. She greets Daddy every night with a big grin! We have started going on walks every day and she likes to look all around at trees and birds and anything else she sees!

I feel like Kalaya and I have a routine, on most days. She sleeps really well at night. According to baby books, "sleeping through the night" is at least 5 or 6 hours straight, which she does fairly often. I'm honestly not sure how many times she wakes up most nights. It's usually only once or twice between about 9pm and 7am. We start her bedtime routine (bath, massage, pjs, story, nursing) around 7:30, but she doesn't fully go to sleep until as late as 10 some nights. She nurses for a long time before she's fully asleep. We are still co-sleeping, so I'm not always completely sure how many times she wakes up, since I don't have to fully get/wake up to nurse her. We can nurse lying down and can usually fall right back asleep together. We've talked about moving her to the bassinette in our room, but niether of us want to do that. Nelson says he doesn't want her to wake up alone and I completely agree. We love having her sleep between us and I am so glad we've done it since the day she was born. I think it's really helped with her sleep. She doesn't nap nearly as well during the day, unless it's with one of us. I continue to exclusively nurse her. I haven't pumped in weeks. We have some frozen in the fridge, but that's only for an emergency. I suppose she may be "ready" for a bottle, but I have no desire to use one. She hasn't used a pacifier in weeks either. We take one for car rides, just incase, but she doesn't really like it. I've actually figured out how to nurse her in her carseat, incase she really freaks our. All in all, she's a healthy baby and I'm a healthy Mommy!

We are also really excited, because she's going to meet her Uncle Colin and cousin Allison Mae this week! They are flying in from Texas on Monday.

1 comment:

Laura- That Kind of Mom said...

She is so adorable! I'm glad she's sleeping quite a bit now.
One thing: Nursing in her carseat?! You have skills I never dreamed of :) Or perhaps breasts I never dreamed of, LOL.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...