Tuesday, March 17, 2009

32 weeks


Well, there I am at 32 weeks! I get comments regularly about how my belly has really started to pop out, which I suppose is a good thing! It means baby is getting big! (hopefully not TOO big...) Really not a lot of new news to report. Still feeling good, healthy, able to do most things still, eat most things that I want to, excercise, etc.

We are still taking our childbirth classes and will continue to do so for 4 more weeks. Last week we talked about breathing and getting into different positions to help labor along and help cope with the pain. I am so, so, SO thankful I am giving birth in Oregon, in an area aware of current practices and procedures in labor. I am very greatful that Sunnyside allows women to be up walking, soaking in tubs, moving around and getting into comfortable positions during the entire process. Our instructor was telling her about her mother's birth story and it sounded like HELL. I know my grandmother did the same thing. They used to strap you to the bed, leave you totally alone (no husband, coaches) and check on you every hour or so. Or, they completely knocked you out with Ether and you woke up later with a baby. I am so, so greatful that I can deliver the way I want and with whomever I want in the room. I haven't reached a final decision on who that's going to be. Nelson and our doula for sure, but likely my mother, dad (if he wants to) and Theo (my brother-in-law). I'd love for all of them to be in there, but it's going to come down to if I feel as though the room is too crowded, etc.

Saturday, my mom and I leave for our road trip to Chico, California! I'm excited to go somewhere! My mom and I have been on trips before and I always love spending time with her. She's my best friend and we travel very well together. (minus getting lost and crying in the middle of Rome on her birthday!!) Our midwife said it was fine for me to take the trip. I just have to make sure to stop often and stretch my legs, pee, etc. I'll also be travelling with lots of healthy snacks. I am excited to see some of our old friends, but I am also so psyched for the food! (as is my mother) We will also visit our old church and other things around town. I know Nelson is looking forward to a few days of doing absolutely nothing and fending for himself in the kitchen. He can stay up all night with his video games and cereal, just like college! He knows those days are about to be gone forever, so I know he will enjoy this! I have taken some pitty on him and have planned to have some pre-cooked meals in the fridge/freezer to help him out. That's also in my plans during the last weeks before baby comes, to stock up on quick foods like soups, sandwich stuff (hooray for being able to eat lunch meat again!!!), cereal and freeze some casseroles, sauces, soups, etc to help him during those first few weeks (and me) as we start our new lives, without sleep!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...