Thursday, February 26, 2009

29 weeks and Baby Shower!

Wow, already 29 weeks! Still feeling good, although I'm starting to realize I can't do things that I used to. I get REALLY tired easily. I also get sore, especially in my hips, if I over do it or if I am in one position too long. We drove to the beach this week and 1 1/2 hours in the car took it's toll on me the next day. Now I know I need to get out and stretch my legs or ride in the back so I can stretch out. I also have to pee constantly, which is fun. (not surprising, but remember, this is my first time being pregnant!)

Saturday, my brother, sister-in-law and niece arrived from Texas on their leave from Afghanistan, so they have been here all week! AND, we got a big surprise, because my aunt decided to fly in from Wyoming to see them and attend my baby shower, which was really fun! So, it's been a busy family week. My niece is so big, I can't believe she's 10 months!! She is in the 99th percentile for her size and it shows! She is a BIG girl!! She is so sweet and smiley and at such a fun age. She's so close to walking!! We're hoping she does that in the next week, so that her mom and dad get to see that first. (they've missed so many this year!)

My baby shower was amazing!! Elaine and Jennifer did a great job! It was totally Disney Princess themed! I loved it! Lots of special friends were there. Unfortunately, there were so many, I hardly got to talk to anyone!! And, we had 4 babies there too! Everything from 2 weeks to 10 months, very cute!! I was honestly overwhelmed though. About halfway through I was just so exhausted and I'm sure it showed. I hope everyone knows how much I appreciate you for going, even though I was tired! It was really fun! We got LOTS of cute outfits and clothes, our travel set (yay!), a crib mattress, toys, books and a Bumbo! I would have loved a little boy just as much, but pink frilly princess showers with little dresses are so fun!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...