We got to see our baby!! We had our first ultrasound and got to see the baby! I still can't believe it. I know my body has been going through big time changes, but to actually see the baby was a totally different feeling. It was completely surreal. I felt like I did on our wedding day. It was another of those life events that you've seen on TV and others experience, but to have it happen to yourself is so crazy! Everything is healthy and going well. The nurse and midwife both commented on how strong the heartbeat is several times, which is great! And (as Nelson puts it) the baby waved!!! I saw it too. Nelson knows it must be our baby, because it already has a sense of humor and can't wait to come out! The midwife also said I'm as healthy as can be and that I'm doing everything right, so hooray! We've been nervous about telling people, because we wanted to wait until the 12 week point (for reasons to scary to mention), but Janna said at that point there's nothing physical that I can do to cause this to change. She said at this point there's a 95% chance of a full term pregnancy. So, the word has started getting out. I'm just about to post it on MySpace and Facebook. I hope to scan pictures and get those up soon too!!
No comments:
Post a Comment